Les fontaines sourdent
The first feature film by Nicolas Godbout, “Les fontaines sourdent” deals with the renewal of storytelling in Quebec through the particular universe of storytellers from Saint-Raphael (Bellechasse) at a time of hypermediatization of living heritage and the professionalization of the practice. Men and women of gestures and words, storytellers today participate in the development of a rich cultural environment articulated around festivals scattered throughout Quebec and elsewhere in the francophone countries, including Contes du Littoral en Bellechasse which celebrated its 20th anniversary in 2017. This documentary film theorizes the knowledge and human and social resources linked to this art of speaking with universal reach.
Cast & Crew
- Screenplay : Nicolas Godbout
- Cinematographer : Pierre-Alexandre Pelletier
- Editor : Pierre-Alexandre Pelletier
- Sound : Pierre-Alexandre Pelletier
- Sound mix : Pierre-Alexandre Pelletier
- Sound editor : Productions Blanchebruine
- Music : Gabrielle Bouthillier, Liette Remon, Mélanie Demers
- Artistic director : Nicolas Godbout
- Cast : Jocelyn Bérubé, Marie-José Trudel, Gabrielle Bouthillier, Jean Fradette, Mike Burns, Jean-Claude Tardif, Guy Boudreau, Alain Grenier, Fred Pellerin, Mélanie Demers, Liette Remon, François Lavallée, Françoise Crête, Cédric Landry, Yolaine Carrier
Nicolas Godbout (born February 3, 1981) is a Canadian writer, storyteller and producer. He was born in Saint-Raphael, Quebec, and obtained his master in Ethnological and Patrimonial Studies at Laval University. He produced and co-realized with Patrick Damien the web series “Les passeurs du conte” in 2015. “Les fontaines sourdent” was his first film.