Guillaume Harvey / 2018 / 19 min.
Maxime, a rather cerebral blogger, is back in his hometown for the holidays. His father Jacques, a retired thrill seeker who's more the manual type, seizes the opportunity to get closer to his estranged son. His proposal : a father-son snowmobile ride...
- Director Guillaume Harvey
- Year 2018
- Length 19 min.
- Genre Fiction
- Versions Original French version with English subtitles
- Sound Stereo, 5.1
- Available formats Apple Pro Res 422 HQ, DCP
- Website https://www.facebook.com/lessentiersbattus/
Cast & Crew
- Screenplay, Guillaume Harvey
- Cinematographer, Natan B. Foisy
- Editing, Valérie Tremblay
- Sound, Thomas Sédillot
- Sound mix, Joey Simas
- Sound editing, Ilyaa Ghafouri
- Music, Dany Placard
- Artistic director, Laura Lemelin-Rainville
- Cast, Jean-Carl Boucher, Roger Léger, Martine Francke
Working both in social satire and comedy / drama, Guillaume Harvey likes to look at things from a distance, adding humor to subject matters that are close to his heart. In 2015, he directed his first short A Bomb (Best Screenplay at Fantasia, Best Fiction in Victoria, selections in Valladolid, Rhode Island, DC Shorts, Regard, etc.). He has since co-directed the satirical comedy Waiting for Pascal, which has been seen in genre festivals all over the world. Beaten Paths is Harvey’s third short film, and his most personal.